Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pattern Darning

Well, I got a little stitching time in this evening. I'd like to try to finish LHN Early America but that may not be realistic since I need more Crescent Colors floss to complete it!

Since I don't have a picture to post, I thought I'd share with you a picture of a project my daughter recently completed. When on vacation this summer, we visited a needlwork store that had some of these bookmarks completed. The stitch type is called Pattern Darning and it's pretty simple. My daughter just turned 13 and likes projects that she can complete from start to finish with little or no assistance.







I have really enjoyed stitching the designs from Little House Needleworks. There was an announcement on her website that her daughter was going to start a new cross stitch company: Country Cottage Needleworks. New designs are to be available next week. I'm looking forward to seeing what these are!

Thanks to everyone who has visited my blog and posted kind comments!

2 comments:

Lelia said...

Good Luck on your Fair Entries. What are you putting on Exhibit? Inquiring minds want to know ....

Chelle said...

The darning project is so cute! Your daughter did a great job with it. Thanks for the heads up about the news on the LHN website.