Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bookmarks


Bookmarks! My local EGA chapter - St. Paul Needleworkers - is working on a community service project during the months of September and October. We are stitching bookmarks that will be donated to a local Adult Learning Facility. Imagine how the students must feel when they receive a special bookmark to go along with a book as they are learning to read!

My daughter is helping me - she stitched the top two, using a pattern darning heart design that she enjoys stitching. I stitched the bottom one (fall leaves). Our group had received yards and yards of this narrow banding and so we were challenged to come up with ways to use it for this bookmark project.

I hope to get a few more completed - we turn them in at our meeting in November.

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

How nice that you are doing this with your daughter!!

BeckySC said...

Love you LK finish and the hardanger piece and the bookmarks as well-what a wonderful cause! :)
Good job :)

Kitty Couture said...

What a sweet, sweet project! Those bookmarks will be highly cherished and treasured for sure... :o)

And a mother-daughter project must be so nice too :o)

Tobie said...

Hi Cathy, your bookmarks are lovely, and for such a great cause too! You and your daughter have come up with perfect patterns for the banding!! They are so pretty it makes me want to stitch up some bookmarks now....
PS-I remember that you mentioned your daughter stitched a lab (or labs) for the fair and I'd love to see that too. ;-) I always love it when I hear of stitching being passed on to a youngster (we need to keep the stitching bug alive!) and I love labs too.

Chelle said...

What a great charity project. The bookmarks are wonderful! I'm sure they will be appreciated.

BeckySC said...

Cathy :)...I must have deleted the e-mail you sent and I can't locate your e-mail....can you please e-mail me :)

Thanks so much :)

Lelia said...

Excellent Community Service Project. Your daughter is doing well with the darning! Like the fall leaves -- yes, your new readers will enjoy the spiffy bookmarks.

Bine said...

hi cathy, it's a wonderful idea to stitch bookmarks for this project. They look so cute.