Saturday, October 28, 2006

Red Desert Scissors Pocket - Finished!

I was home last night, DD had a friend over, and DH and DS were off goose hunting, so I decided to tackle the finishing on the Red Desert Scissors Pocket from The Cat's Whiskers. I've been doing this as a SAL with Lelia, Myrna, Barbara, Melissa, and Terri. I always find that it is easier for me to do finishing on the weekend when I'm more relaxed and less stressed. Turned out pretty good don't you think? Of course, the Gingher Lanell scissors is a perfect match for this needlework small. I plan to also make a scissors fob like Lelia is doing.



Nancy also has received her USEBB Autumn exchange from me. I stitched this HIH design and its finished as a decoration that can be hung on a doorknob or dresser knob.



Vonna asked how I mount the stitched pieces to the top of a box - I basically follow the same steps as if I were finishing a pinkeep or padded board (but just the front side) and then I glue the back of the finished piece to the top of the box finishing it off with cording and sometimes a bow (to hide the ends of my cording). Make sense?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It turned out very nice :D

I've completed the stitching & will tackle the finishing next week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishing on your Red Desert! and I love you exchange giftie too!

Melissa said...

Your scissors pocket turned out great!! I'm hoping to do the finishing on mine next weekend.

Anne S said...

Congrats on your scissor pocket finish - it turned out beautifully, and it really does match those scissors perfectly! :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Thanks for the instructions...I may have to try that out soon...I tried out a new finishing technique on Friday...but it will have to be a secret for over a month as its an exchange piece for the USEBB...but from my own modest feelings about it....it turned out great!!! Can't wait to share it! Your scissors pocket is great and it does match the scissors perfectly! :o)

Kitty Couture said...

That's gorgeous Cathy, congrats! I love your Autumn exchange too - you always have such great taste and talent :)

Karoline said...

Your scissor pocket is gorgeous and the exchange piece is lovely. Congratulations

Von said...

Lots and lots of wonderful stitching going on here - both coming in and going out! Each one is delightful!

mainely stitching said...

WOWOWOW!!

I have to pull mine out this week. Cross your fingers for me that I can!!

Anita said...

Both pieces are very pretty.
I love the harvest one a lot
and love the way you finished it.

Terri said...

Congratulations Cathy! Woohoo!

Carol said...

Love your scissor case! I just ordered it from ABC Stitch Therapy - after seeing your SAL group working on it, I just fell in love with it! Thanks for the enabling - yours is stunning!