Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's A New Day

In the wee hours of the morning I was reflecting on how last week was such a crazy week on all fronts.

Family - it was the first full week of school for the kids since holiday break; basketball, hockey, pep band, and studying for upcoming semester finals.

Work - it was the first full week that I've worked in about four weeks due to the holidays and some time off taken before Christmas. That explains why it just never seemed to end!

Stitching - too much unproductive time spent online; not enough time spent stitching!

Today is a new day and it's the start of a new week. Family life will still be hectic this week as semester finals are on Wednesday and Thursday. I need to make sure my kids are well fed and rested so that they do well. As for work, it will be another busy week I'm sure, but maybe I can try to be a little more organized and manage my time a little better. Stitching - well, this week's resolution will be to spend less time online and more time stitching. Sorry friends, but hopefully by the end of the week you will benefit when I can post the results of more time stitching!

I did have time to work on some Hardanger last night while watching the football game. My hardanger tip for you - only cut threads when your mind is clear and free of distraction! I haven't done this for a long time, but I cut the wrong threads! Sometimes I am able to salvage the piece, but this one was a total loss; good thing it was a smaller piece. I'll just have to start over!

No other pictures to share right now, although an exchange that I sent out last week should be received soon.

Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Lelia said...

Hello Cathy:

Yes, we are all back to 'hectic'. Enjoy your week. Stitch well & I look forward to your pictures : )

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, I SO hear you on the busy week...my kids don't have finals as they are too young, but the 1st week back to school wasn't the best of weeks we had...
Sorry to hear about your hardanger piece...that's the pits :)
I'll be looking forward to an update on your lovely work this next week end :)

mainely stitching said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that you lost the hardanger project!!

I hope your upcoming hectic week feel less hectic than the last one. LOL!!

Wendy said...

Those are great F&S blocks! Have a great week and I hope its a little less hectic.

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to your cutting issues. I've been accidentally cutting through the buttonhole stitches when cutting out pieces lately. I've had to throw out one suncatcher and salvaged another by backing it with felt and gluing the portions that were cut. *sigh*

Von said...

How awful to have cut through the threads of your hardanger piece. I've been advised to cut only first thing in the morning, or whenever your alert time of the day is, as I'm sure you've heard similar advice. Sometimes I'm too excited to wait. Usually it works out fine, but too many distractions can be disastrous. Good luck with the next one! :D

Kathy A. said...

Oh my - I can't imagine how unhappy you must have been to cut the wrong threads. I hoope that you are able to recover your work. Your hardanger pieces are always so beautiful.

Carol said...

Uh-oh Cathy - I hope this week will be much better!

Marie said...

When busy weeks rattle your nerves remember: this too shall pass!
So sorry to hear that you cut the wrong thread, it brought back horrid memories of when my hand-dyed floss ran and I had to toss the piece as well. :(
Now, I too must shut the computer down and go stitch!

Chelle said...

Bummer about the hardanger! I've done that and it's not a fun feeling when you realize your mistake.