Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ornament for Joan

December was Joan's month with the Christmas Ornament swap group. I stitched my ornament early in the month but ran out of time and never got it finished. When we arrived home on Christmas Day evening, I pulled it out and finished it up quick because I knew I would be seeing Joan last night. I finished it up, admired my work and snapped up a picture. Last night I proudly presented it to Joan! Only, there was a slight problem; can you see it? Here's the before photo:

Needless to say, Joan's ornament came home with me last night so I could make a minor alteration. Here's the after photo:

Have you figured out what I did? Yes, I finished it with the reindeer upside down! How embarrassing! Ah well, good thing that there was no mailing involved. I will stop by Joan's today and drop it off (again!)
By coincidence, I received this little pretty from Lelia the day before Christmas. (The two of us have very similar tastes!) I love the color changes that she made. I am just thrilled to own a piece of Lelia's handwork!


My day today is going to be spent trying to find the dining room table. Yes, it seems to be lost amidst bags and boxes and piles of stuff. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, not that is too funny!! We have all been there ;-)

Anonymous said...

Both ornaments are lovely, even the upside-down version of the first one ;)

Brigitte said...

This is a great ornament. Better to put it upside down than having to frog, lol.

Melissa said...

Isn't the coincidence wonderful! Ahh, great minds and all - both ornaments look wonderful. Good luck with finding the dining room table! ;-)

Marie said...

I enjoyed the challenge and am happy to say that I was able to figure it out; it made me chuckle!
The ornament is beautiful, even with the upside down reindeer.

Cindy F. said...

I was just @ Joan's site where she commented you took back to make a minor alteration!! I couldn't tell why til I got to your site! That's funny,,,not embarrassing:) Your stitching is beautiful! I also like Lelia's version too! This is a great chart to play with colors!

mainely stitching said...

Oh, you're so funny, Cathy!! How brave of you to admit your "oops"! ;) I'll join you and admit that I actually sewed one of my ornaments together INSIDE OUT!