Monday, September 07, 2009

Productive Weekend

Happy Monday! Today is a holiday in the U.S. - Labor Day. Here in Minnesota the sun is still shining and we're expecting a beautiful day. Today is the last day of the great Minnesota get-together - the Minnesota State Fair. Tomorrow, most kids will start another school year (although my two kids have been back in school for two weeks already!) I've accomplished many things this weekend and hope to relax and fully enjoy today before I return to work tomorrow.

As I mentioned in my last post, Friday night I finished up two gifts, these are the PIF's for Joan and Nic. Both were mailed on Saturday, so as soon as they are received I will have pictures for you. Diana, if you are reading this, the BOAF Friendship Sampler pattern is on its way to you too.

I was going to start up another sampler and then decided to take a little detour. In-between laundry and vacuuming/dusting on Saturday I started this:

I didn't think it would take too long to stitch and I was right; I finished the stitching on Sunday morning!

You see, the other three seasons are all stitched and finished into pillows (they have been for quite sometime!) but for some reason I never stitched Autumn. Later in the day yesterday I did the finishing. Here's the finished pillow:


LHN Season of Plenty
28ct misc fabric from stash
DMC Fibers


And here is the whole set - aren't they adorable?



Last night I started a new sampler, there are quite a few other bloggers out there who have stitched it or are currently stitching it - it's This is the Day from Hands to Work. I'll post a photo later or in a few days when I have more to show! I may do some more finishing today too, we'll see.

Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a relaxing day filled with stitching! Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh I love your pillows! The colors you picked for each pillow are perfect too. How lovely to see them all together on your bench. Fantastic!

Deb said...

Cathy - Your pillows are absolutely adorable. What a great way to finish off this pieces. Now I'm inspired to do some of these too - I always think in terms of framing and not doing something like you did. Love all of them and especially your finishing with the covered buttons! Beautiful!

Barbi said...

The pillows are wonderful! You did a great job on them.

mainely stitching said...

Your LHN pillow set is so adorable!!! :D

Cole said...

Your pillows look just beautiful! What great finishes.

Andrea said...

Wonderful finish and the whole set looks just lovely.

Irma said...

Wow! You are so productive! Love that finish.

Theresa said...

Wow~~ You are fast!!!! I love those pillows~~~~ Sooo cute!!!!!

Daffycat said...

Oh, excellent finish and your pillow is adorable! The whole set is just incredible, congratulations!!!

Awww, I had to work today but off by 2pm and get holiday pay so not too bummed!

Irene said...

All the pillows are so beautiful !

Gabi said...

Your pillows are lovely. Beautiful stitching and finishing. Congrats

Nic said...

Your pillows look fantastic together!

♥ Sari ♥ said...

They are gorgeous! :)

Karoline said...

Your pillows are gorgeous, great finishing

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How BEAUTIFUL IS THAT???? Pretty doggone beautiful, cute, wonderful...lovely! I think your seasonal pillows are just great! Are they on the recommended Trail Creek Farm Pillows or did you make them yourself? They are lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Love love love all your pillow finishes sitting in a row there - what a great display :) It's giving me the urge to stitch them up too, except I'll have to change the seasons months around being 'down under' ;)

Debbie J said...

Yes, yes, yes, I love them. Autumn is my favorite though!

Vee said...

Yes, they are adorable! They look so good lined up there together.

CindyMae said...

Those pillows are just gorgeous! What a fantastic set you have completed!!

Kathy said...

Nice stitching and also great to have all of the seasons done. You do a nice job of finishing. They so nice together.

Kim B said...

What a gorgeous collection you've completed!