Sunday, May 02, 2010

More Framing

Before attending the BBD Spring Fling retreat, I had some of my BBD finishes framed. I wanted to include them in the "show and tell" display. As it turned out, I only took two of them with, but I will share all three of them with you here.



Quaker Garden
Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers #19
Recommended linen and fibers



Special Delivery
Blackbird Designs
GAST fibers
32 ct Lakeside Linen Strawflower


Evergreen
Blackbird Designs - Loose Feathers #17
GAST & WDW fibers
30 ct R&R Iced Cappuccino


Finally, some answers to your questions --


Margaret asked why there was no house in the 4th Anniversaries of the Heart block. Don't worry, there will be; the house just hadn't been stitched yet on the piece that Alma shared with us.


Kim asked why there was a big gap between blocks 2 and 3. There are going to be some bonus charts later this year and one of the bonus charts will go in that spot.


One last photo before I go...here's a close up of the sachet that I stitched.



Hope you had a nice weekend! I'm off to my stitching chair now...

23 comments:

PegC said...

Beautifulwork. And now I know where to come with questions as I start hardanger!

Deb said...

Your framed pieces looks wonderful and so does your sachet. I got behind on blogging and missed your last post. Love that box from BBD!

Margaret said...

What beautiful framed pieces! Love them all! Thanks for answering those questions. I was wondering about the big gap too. lol! Your sachet is gorgeous btw. I envy you that retreat. :D

Faye said...

All lf them are stunning!!!Congrats~~~

SharoninStLouis said...

I have been so jealous reading about your stitching weekend with the Blackbird gals, as they are my favorite designers. And just yesterday I got a notice in the mail from Old Mill Stitchery in Liberty, MO. They are having a day with them near the end of June. So I am signed up and my sweet husband will drive me there (with a stop in Columbia to visit our alma mater and eat some delicious Shakespeare's Pizza.) I can't wait. I hope the project is as neat as your was (although I love all of their designs, so it shouldn't be a problem.) By the way, I think you did a fabulous job with it.

Suburban Stitcher said...

beautiful framing!

saras said...

what is your little sachet filled with?

Lynn said...

Your sachet is so sweet. What have you filled it with?
All of your framed pieces are lovely. I wish I had the time to stitch more of their designs. I just keep adding the charts to my stash until that time comes.

Theresa said...

Beautiful pieces you got there!!!!! They look gorgeous in their new frames~~~~

Karen said...

Love all of your framed pieces!

Simone said...

Your finished and framed pieces are looking great! Love the BBD sachet!

Lynn Bourke said...

Beautiful stitching and framing! Congratulations!

Bekca said...

Wonderful framed pieces and your sachet is so cute! You must be really pleased to have finished these beautiful designs.

Julia said...

They're really lovely - especially 'Quaker Garden' - love the sachet too. I wish those 2 ladies would come over to the UK - you're very lucky!

Julia:0)

Katrina said...

Thanks so much for all the sharing on the BBD weekend. Glad you had such a nice time.

Gorgeous framed pieces and I love your little pin cushion.

Giovanna said...

I've really enjoyed all your posts on this retreat - thanks Cathy!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well here I am...still jealous...now not only of your retreat, but of those framed finishes!

LoL!
:)

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful framing and lovely framed. What beautiful work!
Love your little sachet.

Karoline said...

They are look gorgeous, great framing.

The retreat sounds stunning, thanks for sharing it with us.

Alma Allen said...

Hi Cathy,

Loved seeing all of your pictures. Your samplers are just wonderful! Looking forward to seeing you in Oklahoma. Now we are going to have to come up with new stories!

WendyJo said...

Your framed pieces are so just beautiful Cathy and the BBD retreat sounds like it was absolutely wonderful!!

Kathy said...

Oh my they are all gorgeous. Both the stitching and the framing.

Siobhán said...

Wonderful framing! Love the sachet, too. Great job!