Sunday, October 14, 2012

The End of the Weekend

Sunday nights are always bittersweet -- I always make time to get some stitching in, but it also means that the end of the weekend is here and the beginning of another work week is just around the corner.

Tonight we had a delicious supper - it felt like we were at Olive Garden, but we never left home.  A few weeks ago I found the recipe for Pasta e Fagioli on Pinterest and today I decided to give it a try.  Warning about this recipe -- you need a super large crockpot or else you will need two crockpots to cook it in.  I didn't mind having the large quantity; I just froze about a third of it for another meal down the road.

Here's what our supper looked like - caesar salad, crusty vienna bread and Pasta e Fagioli! Yum!


You can find the recipe for the soup here:  Pasta e Fagioli

I've been working on a little hardanger lately.  Purchased a Permin kit that included the patterns for six different angels.  I finished up one of the angels tonight (sorry for the dark photo.)


I hope to stitch up a number of these angels for Christmas gifts.  Keep your fingers crossed that I will have time to finish several of them!

That's all I've got for you tonight.  Hope you had a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Barb said...

That dinner looks delicious! I'm definitely getting the recipe. And what a cute angel!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening.
I will have to try the soup...I love Olive Garden.
The angel is beautiful. Where did you find the kit? Can't wait to see some of the other designs. What a great gift idea.

Shebafudge said...

Mmmmm...dinner looks good.

I love your hardanger angel, she looks really pretty and SO neat! Whoever gets your angels will be very lucky!

Giovanna said...

Very pretty angel, well done - Hardanger angels can be quite fun to stitch :-)

Chris said...

The soup looks lovely and so does the angel :)

Becky K in OK said...

Your soup looks so tasty and wonderful. Nothing better than a good warm bowl on cool fall day.

Love your angel.

Vickie said...

Love the angel. And your dinner. ;) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

What a lovely hardanger angel! Your dinner looks delicious. Thanks for the link to the recipe -- I'm going to have to try it sometime!

Erica said...

Your angel is just lovely!

Natasha said...

Thanks for linking that recipe. I love Pasta R Fagioli. I can't wait to give it a try.

That angel ornament is adroable. I know you can finish the rest :)

Have a great Monday

Shirlee said...

The dinner & the angel look great : )

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Oh I want that soup so bad. I got the recipe from Judy T but yet to make it. Its the best!!! Your Angel is wonderful!

Sherry said...

Beautiful angel! That dinner looks wonderful! I am always a little sad to see the weekend come to a close even though I know another one will be around soon.

Marie said...

I am such a lover of soups so thanks for the link to the recipe...not sure my crockpot is large enough but I can work round that.

Wow, your angel is beyond gorgeous. Did you use floss or pearl cotton when stitching it? I STILL need to try my hand at hardanger. I bought a few books about a year ago but never got around to it...what's wrong with me! :D

Lynn said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe. We are definitely going to give this one a try. It looks super yummy!
Love your hardanger angel. Too cute!

Karoline said...

Your Angel is cute & dinner looks yummy :)

Bekca said...

Your dinner looks so delicious! the angels are adorable, perfect little gifts.
Best wishes.