Monday, September 07, 2015

The Great Minnesota Get Together

Today was a beautiful day and I decided to spend it at the fair!

My first stop and most favorite place to visit is the Creative Activities building. Are you ready for your picture tour of some of the highlights?

There was tatting...

Loved this quilt; the Plum Street Sampler design was stitched by Mama Joan.

This pillow was gorgeous. Wool applique...

This crocheted tablecloth reminded me of my Auntie Betty. She did beautiful work just like this.

Lots of Hardanger. Here in Minnesota we have lots of Norwegians don'tcha know.

Ukrainian Whitework...

Quilt Blocks on a stick (just about everything is on a stick at the Minnesota State Fair!)

This beautifully embroidered tablecloth was made by a friend of mine.

Another friend of mine took a Sweepstakes award for this counted cross stitch piece (I think there are specialty stitches in it too.)

Lots of beautiful needlework!

The Mad Tatter was at the fair too. She went to the Fair 9 out of 12 of the days. She loves talking to people and sharing her love of tatting.

So that does it. Another Minnesota State Fair is in the history books.

 

3 comments:

Mrs. DillyDally said...

I so appreciated this post! After 40 years ... I still miss the MN State Fair! Loved the needlework! Especially loved seeing your mother ... how great that she does that! Thanks again!

Khristine Doiron said...

Lots of great talent!! Thanks for sharing :)

Mama Joan said...

Wow, how did you know that was my piece!!!!! Glad to spotted it:)