Sunday, September 27, 2015

Ukrainian Eggs

Another project from the August retreat that I haven't shared with you...Ukrainian Eggs by Michele Roberts. Now, don't for a minute think that I have crossed over to the "dark side". I just dipped my toes in the pool for a little bit! Truthfully, I just couldn't resist this project. The vibrant thread colors against the black congress cloth called my name. It was also a history lesson. Michele shared a lot of information with us about the symbolism of the colors and the designs.

It was a great class and I look forward to working on this again real soon!

 

2 comments:

Smily-Света said...

Ooo, pisankas! They are so beautiful!

Khristine Doiron said...

Very pretty! I have never seen these before but the bright colors would have drawn me in too.