Sunday, February 14, 2016

Change of Plans

I really wanted to work on my Scotland sampler, but my hands were dry and it felt like I was snagging the silks. I'll have to work during the week to lotion them up so that I can resume stitching on this sampler.

No reason to waste precious stitching time though. I pulled out a different project that is being stitched with Anchor floss. Quite enjoyable since I love stitching alphabets!

Sorry for the dark photo. This is going to be a lovely sampler!

Snowed here all day. I don't think that it amounted to much. It was fun watching the fluffy snowflakes gently fall to the ground. Ask Maggie!

Don't freak out that Maggie was standing on the chair. It's an old chair and it's her chair!

Tomorrow is Monday again. Luckily it's going to be a short week for me. Four days until bacon!

 

7 comments:

Marie said...

Another pretty start. i am having he same problem tonight with dry hands, ugh!

Maggie looks like she might want to get out in that fluffy stuff. Very cute.

Vickie said...

Good for Maggie. It is still snowing over here.

Khristine Doiron said...

I love the colors! And sweet picture of Maggie :)

deb said...

I remember quite a few years ago (25? maybe 30?) reading about a product that was a hand softener/conditioner marketed as something one *should* use when stitching with silks. Um, that's all I've got - sorry! - since silks were far above my ability level at that time, I have zero memory of what the stuff was called.

That's a pretty start on your alternate sampler - love the green ... is it flamestitch?

Barb said...

That is going to be a pretty sampler. I come from a family where dogs are allowed on chairs so Maggie did not surprise me at all.

marly said...

My Velcro mitts snag on to cotton floss. I really like the arms on Maggie's chair. Bet she does too!

Von said...

Love the color scheme in your new sampler, Cathy! Perfect for the upcoming spring!